New York Rangers Training Camp News: Marc Staal Suffering From Post-Concussion Syndrome

NEW YORK NY - JANUARY 05: Marc Staal #18 of the New York Rangers skates against his brother Eric Staal #12 of the Carolina Hurricanes at Madison Square Garden on January 5 2011 in New York City. (Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)

News broke around the twitterverse that Marc Staal is expected to sit out the second scrimmage because of a lingering issue. According to Larry Brooks, Staal is still suffering from lingering issues from the hit on 2/22 by his brother Eric.

Apparently Staal is still cleared for full contact, but the Rangers are taking precautions. Staal developed post-concussion like symptoms over the summer. Staal will also be sitting out all three North American pre-season games, to further evaluate his condition.

Marc is still scheduled to skate in the after-scrimmage activities, starting at 2:00 PM. Obviously this will be a great blow to the roster, if Staal is forced out for an extended period of time. John Tortorella will be available to address the issue later on this afternoon.

For now, this is all we know. We will be updating throughout the day with Staal's condition. We will have a scrimmage analysis coming shortly after the game is over. More to come shortly.