2011 New York Rangers Training Camp: Scrimmage #2 Analysis

The second scrimmage of the day consisted of the Blue and White teams. Scott Stajcer got the start for Blue, and Lundqvist was in net for the white team.

Right out of the gates, Brian Boyle scored to put the white team up 1-0, just 17 seconds into the game. Just about 5 minutes later, Ruslan Fedotenko converted on a penalty shot to make it 2-0 white. Henrik Lundqvist had a ton of work in the scrimmage, and kept the score to zero for most of the game.

Brian Boyle scored his second of the game, and put the white team up 3-0 early in the second period. Just as we thought it couldn't get any worse, Kris Newbury tipped in an Andreas Thuresson shot from the point, to make it 4-0. Derek Stepan finally found a way to break Lundqvist's streak, off a rebound from a Brandon Bell point shot. Stepan got blue on the board, making it 4-1.

They didn't just stop there, Ryan McDonagh scored on a wicked slap shot from the point, with only a few seconds left. White came out with the 4-2 victory over blue. Henrik Lundqvist had an incredible game, along with Brian Boyle.

Follow after the jump for further analysis on game number two.

Mike Sauer was expected to skate in this scrimmage, according to the team yesterday. Apparently he was held out for further precautions. Another scratch in this scrimmage was forward Brandon Prust. Again, Prust was being held out as a precaution due to the shoulder surgery he had over the summer.

This ends the day for the scrimmages, and there will be two more group practices going on. Group 3 will have the ice from 2:00 until 3:00, followed by Group 2 skating at 3:00.

SB Nation Featured Video