2011 New York Rangers Training Camp: Sauer Makes Comeback In Second Scrimmage; Dubinsky/Callahan Shine

The second scrimmage of the day kicked off, with Green facing off against the Blue team.  To everyone's surprise, Michael Sauer suited up, and took to the ice in the second scrimmage. He sure made his presence known, after he stuffed a rebound past Marty Biron to make it 1-0 Blue really early. The original shot came from Carl Hagelin.

The physicality kicked in as Brandon Dubinsky laid a monster check on Sean Avery. Avery took a look back to see who it was, and left it alone. Along with that Dan Girardi took a shot off the hand, shook it off, and didn't miss a single shift. Still the same old Girardi we know and love.

The Callahan and Dubinsky tandem connected on a slick give and go play, and Callahan put it past Biron. Remind anyone of the overtime winner in Pittsburgh last season?

According to Andrew Gross, Mike Sauer is having himself a great game. He knows when to join the rush, and gets back in time, to avoid getting caught. It's great to see Sauer come back, and make an immediate impact on the ice.  Artem Anisimov got Green on the board, lifting a rebound over the sprawling Cam Tablot. In a made scramble in the dying seconds, J.T. Miller gets off a shot, but it's gloved down by Talbot, and Blue wins 2-1.

Overall seems like a solid performance by the boys once again. The stand-outs for me were Sauer, Dubinsky, and Callahan. Thoughts on this?