FanPost

Rangers don't play at home til the end of October? This is a good thing.

I was giving the schedule some serious thought, and although the Rangers face a lot of distractions this season (HBO series / Winter Classic), I think the European tour and the long road trip while MSG gets the facelift is ultimately a blessing in disguise.

I say, let this team work out its kinks on the road, away from the demanding, impatient fanbase we know and love.  Let Brad Richards and Marian Gaborik get comfortable with each other away from the fans, who will surely be expecting five hat tricks and twenty assists in the first three games; let the powerplay get a chance to click on foreign soil, before the boo birds can rain down the hate before Halloween.

If all goes well, the Rangers will be a more honed, well-oiled machine when the glitz and pomp of the home opener comes around.

(if this has been covered I apologize; been away from my computer for a few days)