FanShot

Corey Pronman on the USA U20 Camp

Shane McColgan, Right Wing, New York Rangers: McColgan was an early cut, but from what I saw of him in limited time, he showed spurts of top-end ability in his skating and puck skills. He's the kind of prospect who could go any which way in his development, but there's certainly the upside with McColgan to go way up. J.T. Miller, Center, New York Rangers: Miller played extremely well at the camp, and was the USA's best forward. His skating and overall speed looked above-average, he made some nice defensive plays, and his physical play was very good along the walls and when pressuring defenders on the forecheck. He also made a lot of above-average plays with the puck in regards to his puck-handling and distribution of the puck. Some NHL sources see top-end upside with Miller and while I'm not sure I would go that far, I think I may have to upgrade my projection of Miller as he certainly has top six skills. My main knocks on Miller have been his sense and decision-making, but at the camp both of those aspects actually looked above-average.