FanPost

Marc Staal

To me the hit that Eric threw on Marc was completely clean. I'm not happy it happened obviously, but it happened. I've heard a few opinions saying that is was,"dirty", "unneccessary", and "disrespectful". I think it was neither if them. I just thought it was a solid hit. The fact that it was his own brother makes it a little weird, but just imagine the conversations during Christmas dinner. Wow, that'd be something. I also think that Staal will be fine, but if they do I think Paul Mara would be a solid signing. He knows the team a bit and he's a likeable guy. However, I think we should be fine. I think Staal will end up having his best season yet with the improved team. I say he puts up 30-35 points and top 5 in minutes. Anyone else besides me think he's a top 10 d-man?