New York Rangers News: Winter Classic Live Blog, Jerseys To Be Announced

UPDATE 2:00 PM - Alumni game is set to take place on December 31st. The Phantoms will also take on Hershey at 7:00 on January 6th.

UPDATE 1:52 PM - The Rangers changed over their twitter image to their Winter Classic logo. You can take a better look at it here.

UPDATE 1:50 PM - The Winter Classic can be viewed on NBC, CBC, and RDS

UPDATE 1:45 PM - It is confirmed that HBO will cover both teams leading up the Winter Classic. Another "worst kept-secret" . The first episode will debut on December 14th, at 10:00 PM

UPDATE 1:40 PM - Gary Bettman officially announces the Winter Classic between the Rangers and Flyers. It will take place on January 2nd (Monday) at 1:00 PM.

UPDATE 1:29 PM - Marian Gaboirk, Brad Richards and Ryan Callahan will represent the Rangers on the podium.

Today marks the day when we can officially say the Rangers are in the Winter Classic. The NHL is set to have a press conference at 1:30 PM today announcing both the Philadelphia Flyers and New York Rangers. As an added bonus, the uniforms for both teams will also be unveiled as well.

We will consider this an open thread for the press conference, along with up to the minute updates as they come about. Steve Zipay also announced that HBO's 24/7 series will premiere on December 14th, and air on four straight Wednesday.

You can tune into the live stream on the Rangers website here.

We'll leave you with that for now, until we hear more. Come join the discussion!