FanPost

Owens signs with Rangers, Campoli to Canadiens

Former Ranger prospect Jordan Owens signed a free agent deal with the Rangers. We originally traded Owens to Detroit for Kris Newbury. This should be an AHL signing as i don't see him really having a chance at the NHL squad this season. Also Chris Campoli signed a free agent deal worth $1.75 million. This throws out any possibility of Campoli signing with the Rangers as an insurance policy for Staal's concussion woes. Any thoughts?