FanPost

Just A Bit Nervous...

Alright our defense does not look good without Staal in there which shouldn't be a surprise. We are really going to need everyone to step up for the Rangers if we want to look good on D. I understand we are playing AHL forwards in there who know nothing about defensive play, but nonetheless there have been too many mistakes that have been made so far. This defense without Staal, is in the hands of Girardi, Sauer, and Mcdonagh. They are really going to have to step their game up, while Erixon is going to have to learn on the fly, and Eminger has to be more reliable. MDZ looked better against the Flyers but i'm not completely sold on him yet.

Granted this past game against the Flyers was really tough to evaluate with all the penalties and stuff, and I guess the same goes for the first game in Albany for different reasons. I really hope Staal comes back soon or else this defensive unit could struggle.

Someone please tell me that will make me not worry so much about this squad. Or else I might head out to the upper level of the GWB. Just kidding about that, but I'm worried about this young squad of defenseman.