FanPost

random thoughts about the season

hey. never posted before, but just had a thought going into the season that i wanted to share.

Considering the teams moves coming out of this offseason, most Ranger fans would probably agree that we are starved to see Richards and Gabo play together, whoever ends up on their wing, and the chemistry between them will be under the microscope big time. but in my opinion, if we want to see a successful season, the players we should be looking for big seasons out of are not Richards and Gaborik. They are elite players and professionals, and will still be effective, if not special. what will be critical, however, is that players like Stepan  & Boyle match or better their seasons last year

check out these projected lines via NHL.com:

W. WOLSKI/B. RICHARDS/ M. GABORIK

A. ANISIMOV/B DUBINSKY/R. CALLAHAN

S. AVERY/D. STEPAN/R. FEDOTENKO

B. PRUST/B. BOYLE/M. RUPP

the team is solid at all offensive positions but our real depth is at center. which is a good way to build a team. (works for pittsburgh right?) without the consistency of Boyle and Stepan, our 3rd and 4th lines suddenly become pedestrian. prust is an animal, and Rupp should be fun to see but if the centermen have setbacks, that gives us 6 players scoring maybe 10 goals each for the season. You dont need 4 scoring lines, but even the threat of those 6 being able to score, makes this a much better team. i think thats what this team needs to be great, and not just good.  you may disagree but thats how i see it.

for the record i have confidence those two will do just fine this season. maybe get better. Anyway, theres my rant. anyone care to banter?