New York Rangers Open Thread: Rangers At HC Sparta

PHILADELPHIA, PA - SEPTEMBER 26: Brandon Dubinsky #17 of the New York Rangers moves past Matt Walker #8 of the Philadelphia Flyers during an NHL preseason game at Wells Fargo Center on September 26, 2011 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The Flyers defeated the Rangers 5-3. (Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)

The New York Rangers kick off their European friendlies this afternoon at 1 p.m., in a matchup against HC Sparta. While tomorrow's contest against Frolunda will be televised on MSG, it appears that this afternoon's game will not be.

Make sure to keep an eye on the top line tonight, apparently John Tortorella has been working them hard in practice and wants to make sure they're going to be successful. As of right now, it's still Wojtek Wolski holding that left wing position.

Martin Biron will be getting the start tonight, which, of course, leaves Henrik Lundqvist to start against his former club Frolunda tomorrow.

Also make sure to watch the play of Matts Zuccarello, Sean Avery and Erik Christensen the next four friendlies; their play these next four games will go a long way in determining who gets that final forward spot. This is also Michael Del Zotto and Tim Erixon's opportunities to show they also belong with the big club this year.

I know it's earl, but sneak out of work at your lunch hour and enjoy the open game thread!