FanPost

Scratch Fedotenko?

So I was just thinking about this during class. In my opinion, I feel like Feds was a sort of buffer for Kreider/other prospects to become ready to join. In my opinion, Fedotenko is an excellent player, and come playoff time (knock on wood) he's a guy we want in our lineup as a veteran with clutch scoring. Fedotenko is a guy that plays on the grinder line with Boyle and Prust, but lets switch around the lineup. I read an article that said that Avery may not make the lineup and be sent down to the whale. However, I disagree with that decision. I'll explain after the jump.

Watching Avery play in pre-season, I saw the same player that got under the skin of Kovalchuck in the playoff series against the Thrashers in '07. I see the same Avery that is playing with a purpose. If he plays with this same intensity in the regular season, he's a deadly X-factor our team could use to our advantage. Now, where does he fit in the lineup?

I think he has a spot right there on the first or third line. If he has chemistry with Richards and Gaborik, he can be that player that grinds for the puck, giving the puck to Gabby or Richie for a snipe. Richards and Gaborik aren't really grinder for the puck, which is why I suggested this. Wolski is a unique player, and he has chemistry with those two, so even if Torts doesn't want to keep those two together, We still have a spot for him on that third line, with Boyle and Prust. That line does have a scoring touch, and that line can be deadly with Avery on the wing instead of Fedotenko, especially for those feisty games against the Flyers or Islanders. Given this scenario, I think it would be appropriate to dress Avery over Fedotenko assuming Avery plays with the same intensity each game, and continues to be an X-facto for our club. It's just something to think about. Thoughts?