FanPost

What is this team missing?

 We got that 1st line center in Richards. Check.

We got another another solid 4th liner in Rupp to replace Boogaard. Check.

We re-signed all of our key RFA's. Check.

Ok, with all those key things what do we need to win a cup?

To be honest I think we might need two things:

1) A solid LW to play with Richards and Gaborik. We might have one in Wolski or Dubinsky. Or we don't. Either way someone is going to need to fill that role and really break out in that role.

The best case scenario for us is if Wolski can fill that role. Dubinsky would be better served playing with Cally and Anisimov because the chemistry they have with each other is great and it would pain me to watch Wolski play on that line and see Cally going hard and Wolski hanging back on the blue line.

Worst case scenario is we find no one who can fit the bill and we are forced to look at the trade market and throw everything at the wall to see what sticks. And in the process we lose prospects.

2) A steady 5th/6th defenseman. Ok maybe we don't need one because Del Zotto makes a tremendous turn around and and him and Erixon make a great pairing chipping in some goals and being reliable blue liners. That's our best case scenario.

Our worst case scenario is we have no real reliability for our 5th/6th guys and just like in the playoffs against the Caps, Torts closes his eyes every time he sends that bottom pair out. That would be horrible to watch again. But something even more horrible to watch is Sather calling up Wade Redden. Just kidding.