KHL Breaking News: Lokomotiv's Charter Plane Crashes, Majority Of Team Killed

UPDATE 12:01 p.m. - According to @dchesnokov, Galimov has succumbed to the injuries he received when he survived the crash. Make sure to follow @dchesnokov and visit Puck Daddy for more on the tragedy.

UPDATE 10:59 a.m. - I don't want to value any player's death over another because he happened to be an NHL player, but TSN is reporting that Ruslan Salei, Karel Rachunek, Josef Vasicek, Pavol Demitra and Karlis Skrastins were among those killed in the crash.

UPDATE 10:48 a.m. - Chilling quote from @dchesnokov: Lokomotiv official: "At first we didn't want to believe it. But right now there is no hope. The team is gone." This is absolutely horrible, what a nightmare.

UPDATE 10:19 a.m. - Reports are surfacing that the death toll has risen to 43 people.

UPDATE 10:11 a.m. - According to @dchesnokov: "Lokomotiv forward Alexander Galimov survived the crash, his agent confirmed to Sovetsky Sport." According to reports, Galimov is in critical condition.

UPDATE 9:55 a.m. - "Lokomotiv official tells Sovetsky Sport "everyone from the main roster was on the plane + 4 players from the youth team." - via @dchesnokov.

UPDATE 9:39 a.m. - There are conflicting reports on wether or not 34 or 36 people died in the crash. Former NHL player Brad McCrimmon is the head coach of Lokomotiv, and is believed to have been on the plane.

Absolutely heart-breaking news out of Russia this morning, when news broke that Lokomotiv's charter plane crashed shortly after takeoff, killing 36 people.

Here are the tweets from dchesnokov on the subject.

 Dmitry Chesnokov
 Dmitry Chesnokov

Some of the players you might have heard of on Lokomotiv's roster include Pavol DemitraKarel RachunekRuslan Salei and Josef Vasicek. According to Tom Gulitti New Jersey Devils' prospect Alexander Vasyunov was a member of the team as well, although there is no confirmation as of yet if any of those players were on the plane.