New York Rangers Prospects: Top-10 Prospects To Watch During The Traverse City Tournament (6-4 Edition)

ST. PAUL, MN - APRIL 07: Scooter Vaughan #3 and Carl Hagelin #12 of the Michigan Wolverines celebrate the win of the semifinals of the 2011 NCAA Men's Frozen Four on April 7, 2011 at the Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul, Minnesota. The Michigan Wolverines defeated the North Dakota Fighting Sioux 2-0. (Photo by Elsa/Getty Images)

This morning we went over four New york Rangers' prospects you should keep an eye on during the Traverse City Tournament. This afternoon, we're going to give you three more; the players who come in at rankings 6-3.

Number 6: Michael St. Croix  The Rangers fourth-round selection this year figures to be a prime example of a low-risk, high-reward pick. St. Croix possesses a wealth of offensive talent, as seen in his 27 goals and 48 assists for  75 points in 68 WHL games. St. Croix is lethal around the net, and has the vision and the passing skills to make his teammates dangerous as well.

His defensive game needs a ton of work, and although he had a fantastic regular season last year, he scored just one goal in four playoff games. Scouts expected St. Croix to fall in the draft, but no one expected him to fall to the fourth round.

At worst, St. Croix is a waste of a fourth round pick. At best, he becomes an impact player in the NHL. Traverse City will give us a first look at the type of player he is going to become.

Join me after the jump for the rest.

Number 5: J.T. Miller —  There is no better time to take a long, hard look at a new first round pick then at the Traverse City Tournament. Although we've gotten a few glances at his potential (highlighted by a fantastic stint at the USA Development Camp) we haven't been able to watch him in a real game scenario yet.

Traverse City will give us that setting. Miller will be going up against some of the best prospects other teams have to offer, and will have a prime example to show all the skills that the Rangers saw when they drafted him. I'm excited to see what Miller has to offer against some very stiff competition.

Number 4: Carl Hagelin  One of the most successful NCAA players last year, Hagelin scored 18 goals and added 31 assists for 49 points in 44 games for the University of Michigan. In a five-game stint for the Whale in the playoffs he potted a goal and an assist.

Hagelin is one of the prospects within the system that is currently garnering a ton of attention, with some even going so far as to slate him to make the team out of camp this year. Personally, Hagelin is a long-shot to make the team this year to me, and with guys like Chris Kreider and Christian Thomas expected to make a push next season, his role isn't exactly determined yet.

A fantastic Traverse City tournament will go a long way in helping him solidify where he can make an impact this year.