FanPost

Which Teams Play In The Next Winter Classic?

This whole winter classic experience has been great so far. From watching 24/7 to the alumni game it's been a lot of fun. Hopefully the game lives up to expectations also.

But which team plays in the next winter classic do you think? I almost feel like the game is limited due to how many teams can actually host the game.

Here's my teams I think it's conceivable they host:

Rangers- The Rangers aren't playing in another classic for at least another two years. Hope they get Yankee stadium in 2014 or Metlife stadium.

Redwings- They might host next. The illitch's own Commerica Park also. I think the NHL wants a better venue though.

Capitals- Doubt it since they played last year, but FedEx field is pretty cool.

Wild- This is possible. Target field against the Dallas Stars. That'd be cool.

Avalanche- Play the Redwings at Mile High Stadium. Do it. A fight very well might break out at that Alumni game. Hell, they should do 24/7 for the alumni game.

Devils- It's possible. Metlife stadium? This I see in a couple years if they play the Rangers or some sort of rival.

Islanders- They can't even get fans to go to their games so why would people go outdoors. But anything's possible.

I don't think the league will involve canadian teams because this is kind of an "american thing". That's why they should bring back the heritage classic. Just have canadian teams play each other outside which will please canadian hockey fans. Next year should Montreal-Toronto or Edmonton-Calgary.

Do you think the league would let a team that can't host a winter classic (due to climate) play in one?

I also think this Winter Classic breaks the record for most watched regular season game. Both teams are doing great and both play in huge markets.

Thoughts on who plays next year and future years in the winter classic?