FanPost

Bryzgalov Out, Bobrovsky In

Apparently Peter Laviolette has decided to sit mega-million offseason acquisition Bryzgalov and put in the "back-up" for the Winter Classic. Bryz apparently decided to drop this bombshell only one day before the Classic and it seems like a pretty momentous decision.

Is anyone else slightly worried now? The Rangers haven't played against Bobrovsky this year and it was mentioned before the Dallas game (that we lost in a shutout if you remember) that the Rangers don't seem to do well against backups and rookie goalies.

Or should I be more optimistic now because Bobrovsky hasn't played that much this year (although he does have decent numbers)?