Rangers Vs. Coyotes: Keys To The Game

GLENDALE, AZ - DECEMBER 17: Brandon Dubinsky #17 of the New York Rangers handles the puck under pressure from Keith Yandle #3 of the Phoenix Coyotes during the NHL game at Jobing.com Arena on December 17, 2011 in Glendale, Arizona. The Rangers defeated the Coyotes 3-2. (Photo by Christian Petersen/Getty Images)

The New York Rangers will be back on home ice tonight to face-off against the Phoenix Coyotes. The Rangers are looking for their fifth straight win, and will also look to avoid the trap game. While the Coyotes aren't that high in the standings, they can still be a threat offensively. Here are tonight's keys to the game.

Get A Quick Start: Over these last couple of games, the Rangers have come out of the gates with some jump. Tonight is no different, and the need to get right into it. The last time these two teams met, the Rangers didn't have that jump and found themselves down a goal in the first period. After John Tortorella's reset a practice, hopefully the team is focused for tonight's contest.

Keep Battling: This Rangers team is never out of a game until the final buzzer sounds. As we saw in the Winter Classic and last game against the Penguins, the Rangers were down early, but found a way to fight back and win. The intensity has been there almost every game for the Rangers, and they need to continue it.

Follow after the jump for more.

Score On The Power Play: The Rangers have gone 1-for-13 in their last 14 chances on the power play. Specials teams could single handily win games as we have seen in the past. The Rangers need to get back into the rhythm on the power play, and get back on the board. Whether it means switching up players, the power play needs to improve.