Bantering Points: The New York Rangers And The Shootout

The New York Rangers defeated the Phoenix Coyotes 2-1 in a six round shootout last night, thanks to goals from Marian Gaborik and Derek Stepan.

The win came right after the news that the Rangers are considering sending both Wotjek Wolski and Eric Christensen to Connecticut to play for the Whale.

Christensen and Wolski have to agree to do so, but if they do the move is one I wholeheartedly agree with. I am a vocal basher of the NHL's tendencies when it comes to rehabbing players. I strongly believe(d) that Marc Staal should have played in Connecticut before playing in the NHL, and I still believe it could come back to haunt the Rangers and Staal.

For Wolski, the move could serve as both rehab and as a way to get back in the swing of things. For Christensen the move would solely serve as a way for the winger to get more time on the ice.

Anyway, about the shootout. Wolski and Christensen are two of the best shootout scorers on the Rangers, so the win last night could help make the Rangers' end of the decision easier.

Thoughts on the possible moves, the Rangers roster, and any moves that should/could be made?