Blueshirt Banter Discussion: Who Should Be All-Stars?

RALEIGH NC - JANUARY 30: Marc Staal #18 of the New York Rangers Henrik Lundqvist #30 of New York Rangers and Erik Karlsson #65 of the Ottowa Senators and Team Staal talk after they were defeated 11 to 10 by Team Lidstrom in the 58th NHL All-Star Game at RBC Center on January 30 2011 in Raleigh North Carolina. (Photo by Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images)

The NHL will announce the 2012 NHL All Stars at some point today, an announcement that will certainly spark discussion, anger for some, and excitement for others.

We already know the following six players will be in the game: Daniel Alfredsson, Milan Michalek, Jason Spezza, Erik Karlsson, Dion Phenauf, and Tim Thomas.

In addition to those six, 36 more players will be added to the all-star rosters, then the 42 will be split up between two teams selected by captains.

Puck Daddy wrote who their all-stars would be, and three Rangers were included: Henrik Lundqvist, Marian Gaborik, and Dan Girardi.

Out of the rest of the Rangers team, the only players that seem to have a shot at making the game are Ryan McDonagh, Ryan Callahan, and Brad Richards.

So, I ask you, who would make up your 36 players for the game? Which rookies do you want to see? Who should be the captains? Discuss, and stay tuned for the news on who makes the game!