Bantering Points: Awards And Free Agents

NEW YORK, NY - JANUARY 10: Henrik Lundqvist #30 of the New York Rangers reacts after game winning block of Shane Doan #19 of the Phoenix Coyotes in a penalty shoot out at Madison Square Garden on January 10, 2012 in New York City. (Photo by Chris Trotman/Getty Images)

Since we are around the halfway point of the season, many hockey writers are offering their thoughts on who would win the NHL awards if the season ended today.

First of all, let me say it is awesome that the Rangers are in first when these articles are being written.

Anyway, here are the articles:

SB Nation Midseason Awards

Puck Daddy Midseason Awards and Superlatives

Puck Daddy Midseason Fantasy Hockey Awards

Another observation I made last night was that Brandon Prust will be a free agent at the end of the season. I wonder if the Rangers will hurry to bring Prust back, or look elsewhere for possible scorers and all around players. I hope Prust is back.

Here is a list of the 2012 free agents, who would interest you among this group?

Other questions of the day:

Assuming the Boston Bruins are the best team in hockey, who is second? If not, who is first and why?

How would you rest Henrik Lundqvist for the playoffs down the stretch? Bench him more or less?