Rangers Vs. Senators: Rangers Drop 3-0 To Senators And End Winning Streak

The New York Rangers dropped their first game in six straight games to the Ottawa Senators. The Rangers had a ton of chances throughout this game, but ran into yet another hot goaltender in Craig Anderson. Henrik Lundqvist didn't have his greatest performance, but kept the Rangers in it as long as he could.

The first period was fairly even to start off, but the Rangers had some steam nearing the end of the first period. Just six minutes into the first period, Brandon Prust and Zenon Konopka dropped the gloves. Brandon Prust easily had the upper hand in this fight, and Konopka had a hard time sticking it out.

Eight minutes into the second period, Jason Spezza got the Senators on the board first. Spezza was left unguarded coming into the zone, and he let go a quick wrist shot that beat Henrik Lundqvist under the glove. Once again, the Rangers established some late pressure once again, but were still unable to beat Craig Anderson.

Follow after the jump for more.

The Rangers had a couple power play opportunities through two periods, but were unsuccessful. This has been a glaring issue for a while, and it is finally starting to hurt the Rangers. They need to get their power play going, otherwise it could cost them games just like this one. Thirteen minutes into the third period, Milan Michalek gave the Senators a two goal lead.

Michalek was left unguarded coming down the slot, and Erik Karlsson was able to slip him a quick pass. Michalek was able to get off a quick wrist shot that beat Lundqvist over the glove side. Jason Spezza notched his second goal of the evening on the power play. Spezza was able to get off another quick shot, and Lundqvist was unable to locate the rebound.

Jason Spezza found the puck, which was sitting right in front of the crease, and he snapped it home to make it 3-0 Senators. The Rangers had yet another late power play in the third period, but once again were unable to convert. The Senators would come away with the win, and Craig Anderson notched his second career shutout against the New York Rangers.

The Rangers next game will be against the Toronto Maple Leafs this Saturday. The Rangers will be in Montreal the following Sunday to face-off against the Montreal Canadiens.