FanPost

The Rehab of Glen Sather's Image, Part 1

"Glen finally convinced everyone that that’s the way to go,” Schoenfeld said. “He kind of wanted to start from scratch when he first came to New York.”

Oh, so that was the problem! Poor Sather was brought in, wanted to change the NYR culture of high spending and low resulting, but NO ONE LISTENED TO HIM! He just wanted to draft some quality young products, but They wanted Bobby Holik! They went out, hired a hall of famer, and then ignored him! This explains it!

Mirtle didn't include the rest of Schoenfeld's quote, but I managed to make it up:

"In fact, I remember how Glen cried when told he had no choice but to sign Dave Karpa in 2001," Schoenfeld said, his voice cracking with emotion.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/broadway-blueprint-has-rangers-riding-high/article2302669/