Rangers Vs. Leafs: Rangers Dominate In 3-0 Win Over Maple Leafs

TORONTO - JANUARY 14: Tim Connolly #12 of the Toronto Maple Leafs skates away as Brian Boyle #22 of the New York Rangers celebrates his goal during NHL action at the Air Canada Centre January 14, 2012 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. (Photo by Abelimages/Getty Images)

The New York Rangers didn't wait long to get back into the win column, and back atop of the entire NHL. The Rangers pretty much dominated the Leafs in all aspects of the game, and came away with a well deserved 3-0 win. Martin Biron registered his second shutout of the season, along with his ninth win of the season.

The Rangers and Leafs finished out the first period with a score of 0-0. Neither team had that many chances, and the shots were 8-5 in favor of the Rangers. The Rangers had a late power play in the first when Tim Connolly went to the box for hooking. Just three minutes into the second period, Mike Rupp scored to open up the score for the Rangers.

Rupp finished off a great play coming from Derek Stepan and Wojtek Wolski. Derek Stepan found Rupp after a series of passes, and he tapped it in for the goal. Rupp registered his fourth goal of the season on the play, and finally got a goal after many chances in previous games.

Follow after the jump for more.

With just under four minutes remaining in the second period, Brian Boyle finally got on the board in 23 games this season. Boyle got off a quick shot in the high slot, and it beat Jonas Gustavsson high. I'm not sure he had a great view of the initial shot.

After two periods, the Rangers controlled the play, and were in possession of a commanding 2-0 lead. Six minutes into the third period, Martin Biron made an excellent outlet pass up to Carl Hagelin, who dished it off to Derek Stepan. Stepan would move in on a partial breakaway, made a great move, and slipped the puck past Gustavsson.

On the play, Biron would receive his third assist of the season. While we're on the topic of Marty Biron, he made an insane toe save in the final minutes of the third period. Biron had a strong game tonight, and kept the Leafs off the board on multiple occasions tonight.

The Rangers would come away with the 3-0 victory, and get back into the win column. The Rangers will be facing off against the Montreal Canadiens tomorrow night at 7:00 PM.