FanPost

Players The Rangers Should Try To Acquire

Here's a list I compiled of players the Rangers should try to get at the deadline:

Shane Doan

Vinny Prospal

Ryan Smyth

Doubt the Isles would trade with us but Frans Nielsen

Really doubt the Aves would do this but Milan Hejduk.

Andrei Kostitsyn

Paul Gaustad

Brad Boyes

Tuomo Ruutu (he's becoming a hot commodity)

Jason Garrison (he'll get a nice pay day next year)

Pavel Kubina

Ray Whitney

Lubomir Visnovsky

That's my list of people that are reasonable. All the above mentioned players are on a rental except Visnovsky. They make the most sense.

With Florida starting to fade a bit I would really like to see the Rangers get Garrison. He could easily solve our PP woes and he has a huge shot from the point. Same goes for Visnovsky.

Still think Shane Doan is our best option at forward and then there's Tuomo Ruutu. Paul Gaustad really dominates the faceoff circle and can chip in a bit of offense. Depending on how the Sabres fair I can see them trading him.

Who do you guys like of the list? Also, please don't mention Ales Hemsky, Alex Semin, and Zach Parise. Shea Weber and Ryan Suter are definitely options also but only at the right price which is why I didn't mention them above.