New York Rangers Look To Continue Winning Ways In Montreal

TORONTO - JANUARY 14: Tim Connolly #12 of the Toronto Maple Leafs skates away as Brian Boyle #22 of the New York Rangers celebrates his goal during NHL action at the Air Canada Centre January 14, 2012 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. (Photo by Abelimages/Getty Images)

The New York Rangers have been doing special things all season, but one of the most productive things they've done is not allow losses to build up.

The Rangers lost a tough game against the Ottawa Senators on Thursday, a loss which could have easily shaken the team's confidence and send them into a losing streak. But the Rangers didn't let it get to them and they rebounded with a huge 3-0 victory which allowed New York to become the first team in the NHL with 60 points.

Tonight, the Rangers will try and continue to build off their win over the Toronto Maple Leafs when they take on the Montreal Canadiens. Montreal, it should be noted, lost a tough game Saturday night against the Senators as well.

Join me after the jump for more.

The Rangers can use another two points tonight, especially since as the team remains at the top of the standings more and more teams will be gunning for their heads. The Canadiens, who have having some major issues of their own, could really use a big victory against the Rangers tonight, so John Tortorella better have his team prepared for a war.

The Rangers' offense did bounce back against Toronto, and even Brian Boyle managed to hit the back of the net to give the Rangers a 2-0 lead. Derek Stepan had a goal and an assist and Mike Rupp finished off a pretty passing effort to give the Rangers the first lead of the game.

Michael Del Zotto was as active in the offensive zone as any forward was, and Ryan McDonagh also looked solid in the offensive zone.

Basically, the Rangers need to make sure they carry over the type of game they played against the Maple Leafs tonight against the Canadiens.

Back-to-backs are sometimes good for that.

SB Nation Featured Video