Rangers Vs. Canadiens: Rangers Drop Second Game In Montreal 4-1

The New York Rangers dropped their second straight game at the Bell Centre against the Montreal Canadiens. The Rangers were cursed with many defensive lapses this game, and it wound up costing them on the score board.

Just 2:39 into the first period, the Canadiens notched the first goal of the game. Max Pacioretty found the loose puck and lifted it over the sprawling Henrik Lundqvist. However, after a failed power play the Rangers got some life back mid-way through the second period.

John Mitchell cashed in on a rebound in front of Peter Budaj and would tie up the game for the Rangers. After going into the locker room, it seemed as if the Rangers had found their feet. Apparently that wasn't that case as the Canadiens scored just three minutes in the second period. Pacioretty would get his second of the evening on a deflection through traffic.

Follow after the jump for more.

Just four minutes later, Scott Gomez set-up Mike Blunden to give the Canadiens a 3-1 lead early on in the second period. The line of Wotek Wolski, Mike Rupp, and Kris Newbury was on the ice for all three of the Canadiens first goals. It was over just yet, as David Desharnais redirected a cross-ice pass from Max Pacioretty to put the Canadiens up 4-1.

It was a horrible game defensively for the Rangers, and it definitely cost them the game tonight. This recap was rather short, but there was nothing really worth pointing out tonight, the Rangers just didn't come to play this one. The Rangers next game will be Tuesday against the Nashville Predators back at Madison Square Garden.