Blueshirt Banter Discussion: New York Rangers Mid-Season Awards

MONTREAL, CANADA - JANUARY 15: Members of the New York Rangers celebrate the first period goal from teammate John Mitchell #34 of the New York Rangers during the NHL game against the Montreal Canadiens at the Bell Centre on January 15, 2012 in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. (Photo by Richard Wolowicz/Getty Images)

The New York Rangers have played 44 games so far this season, amassing a 29-11-4 record over that span. Yes, we are two games over the actual halfway point in this year's campaign, but with the weekend and the holiday I figured we could have this discussion today.

Team MVP: There are a lot of choices here. Dan Girardi, Henrik Lundqvist and Marian Gaborik seem to top the list of potential choices, but even if you narrow it down to those three who would you choose? Gabroik has been the bulk of the Rangers' offense, Girardi has been the base of the Rangers' defense and Lundqvist has been Lundqvist. Good luck separating those three in terms of importance.

Norris Trophy: Sure, Girardi looks like a lock for this position as well, but how can you not at least entertain the thought of guys like Michael Del Zotto and Ryan McDonagh. McDonagh, specifically, has stepped up in to the No. 2 role when there was no other option, and Girardi has filled Marc Staal's shoes perfectly. Del Zotto brings more of an offensive look to the defense, and has also shored up his game in his own zone.

Vezina Trophy: OK, so this one is a slam dunk. Lundqvist got his 20th win of the season Tuesday night in a win over the Nashville Predators, and has been a rock all year. But you do have to give major props to Martin Biron, who has also been better than solid for the Rangers between the pipes and has helped spell Lundqvist when the goalie needed a break.

So what do you guys think. Who deserves what? Maybe I left someone off the list? Go ahead guys, the floor is yours.