Rangers Vs. Predators: Rangers Rebound With Huge 3-0 Win Over Predators

The New York Rangers rebounded from their 4-1 loss to the Montreal Canadiens, with a huge 3-0, shutout, victory over the Nashville Predators. Henrik Lundqvist earned his fourth shutout of the season, and the Rangers retained their top spot in the NHL.

After spending the first couple minutes in their own end, the Rangers found a way to put the puck in the net. Dan Girardi notched his fourth goal of the season with a shot that deflected off of the Predators defenseman in front. As I stated in the keys to the game, the Rangers needed to put everything on net, and they did just that.

The Rangers went into the locker room with a huge 1-0 lead, despite being outshot 11-10 by the Predators. John Mitchell struck just ten minutes into the second period, with a great turn-around wrist shot from the slot. This goal was huge for the Rangers as they carried a solid 2-0 lead into the locker rooms.

Follow after the jump for some more.

Nearing the end of the second period, Marian Gaborik was whistled down with a double-minor for high sticking. However, after looking at the replay, Gaborik's stick was never involved in the play, it was the player's own teammate that hit him. The Rangers found a way to kill off the penalty, and got back to even strength in the third period.

After a solid defensive third period, Ryan Callahan broke in on the empty net with just under a minute remaining. However, he was hauled down and the referee's awarded him the goal to finish off the scoring, and give the Rangers a 3-0 victory.

Henrik Lundqvist was SOLID in net tonight, and made some huge saves to keep the Predators off of the scoreboard. The Rangers will have a tough up-coming schedule with the Pittsburgh Penguins this Thursday, then they will head off to Boston to face the Bruins on Saturday afternoon.