New York Rangers Noon Number: 6:31

NEW YORK, NY - DECEMBER 26: Marian Gaborek #10 of the New York Rangers celebrates his empty net goal with Artem Anisimov #42 late in the third period of an NHL hockey game against the New York Islanders at Madison Square Garden on December 26, 2011 in New York City. (Photo by Paul Bereswill/Getty Images)

It's no secret that Artem Anisimov has fallen out of favor after a blistering hot start to the season. With no points in his last 12 games he has been relegated to the fourth line by John Tortorella.

Tuesday night in a 3-0 victory against the Nashville Predators Anisimov played just 6:31. That's his lowest total of the season by a mile. In fact, there is only one other game in which Anisimov played in the single digits, and it was a nine-minute effort against the San Jose Sharks on Halloween night.

Anisimov has played well in spurts during this 12-game scoreless streak but he simply hasn't found the back of the net or even the scoresheet. Tortorella has been giving Anisimov chances -- he's played upwards of 12 minutes a night the past few games -- but had a hart time getting him minutes Tuesday night.

Hopefully that changes tonight, along with Anisimov's play.