Rangers Vs. Penguins: Keys To The Game

Update: From now on in "Keys to the Game" threads, we will be offering a little competition. Comment in the section who will score the first New York Rangers goal, not the first overall goal. I will keep standings until the end of the season, and the winner will receive kudos. If you think the Rangers will be shutout, say so in the comments. Comment away!

The New York Rangers bounced back from their loss to the Montreal Canadiens by beating the Nashville Predators at home in Madison Square Garden on Monday 3-0. Henrik Lundqvist was stellar in net, and the offense managed to net some goals past the Predators backup goalie.

This time it's the Penguins coming into New York, hoping to avenge the loss from their last meeting with the Rangers.

The Penguins have won three in a row, but are 0-2 vs. the Rangers this season.

Here's how the Rangers can make it three wins over the Penguins in a row:

Power Play Again: Once again, I believe the Rangers need to score on the power play. I refuse to believe that the power play struggles won't cause the Rangers to lose eventually, so the team must fix the power play immediately.

Adapt To Goalie Change- The Rangers are going from facing Anders Lindback to Marc Andre Fleury. In order to win, the Rangers must adapt to that change and prepare for a tougher time trying to get the puck in the net.

Contain Evgeni Malkin- Right now, it's the Malkin show for Pittsburgh. With Sidney Crosby out, the star of the team is Evgeni Malkin, and there is no doubt that Dan Girardi and Ryan McDonagh will have to stop Malkin multiple times throughout the games.

Forgive Me- I was supposed to be attending this game, but I traded it for tickets to 2/9 vs. the Tampa Bay Lightning and 2/24 at the New York Islanders. Forgive me for not attending tonight, please!