Rangers Vs. Penguins: Rangers Fall To Division Foe 4-1

NEW YORK, NY - JANUARY 19: Deryk Engelland #5 of the Pittsburgh Penguins shoots against Ryan McDonagh #27 of the New York Rangers during their game on January 19, 2012 at Madison Square Garden in New York City. (Photo by Al Bello/Getty Images)

Perhaps they were looking ahead to the next opponent, or they just simply couldn't get the pucks in the net, but the New York Rangers lost tonight 4-1 to the Pittsburgh Penguins.

The Penguins were led by the fantastic goaltending by Marc Andre Fleury, along with the offense provided by Evgeni Malkin, who scored the third goal, and the game clinching empty net goal.

The lone goal for the blueshirts came from the Hagelin-Stepan-Gaborik line, as Gaborik sent a perfect pass to Hagelin who netted it in.

For the Penguins, the other goals came off the stick of Chris Kunitz, and on a pretty shot by Richard Park. For some reason I don't get too angry when Richard Park scores goals, but when it's against the Rangers down with the man!

Tough loss for the Rangers, but the next game is an even bigger one. New York will travel to Boston to take on the defending Stanley Cup Champion Boston Bruins on Saturday.