Henrik Lundqvist Named Assistant Captain For NHL All-Star Game

New York Rangers all-star goaltender, Henrik Lundqvist has been named the assistant captain of Team Alfredsson for the 2012 NHL All-Star Game in Ottawa. Both Lundqvist and Alfredsson have been really great friends, as they both came out of Sweden while playing in earlier years.

As the assistant captain, Henrik Lundqvist will assist in the team selection process that will take place the day before. He will also help Alfredsson create the line-ups and rosters for the skills competition, as well as the line-ups for the All-star game.

The Rangers have been fortunate enough this season, and are very well represented at this year's All-Star game. John Tortorella will be behind the bench, and three of the Rangers top players will be making the trip to Ottawa as well. This has been the season to talk about if you are a New York Rangers fan.

Also, Joffrey Lupul has been named the assistant captain of Zdeno Chara's team for the 2012 NHL All-Star game as well. Be sure to check out the keys to the game, for today's match-up against the Boston Bruins.