Blueshirt Banter's New York Rangers Highlight Of The Week

This week's highlight comes out of the game between the New York Rangers and Boston Bruins. Marian Gaborik's overtime winning against the Bruins gets the nod this week for obvious reasons. (Click into the story to view the full video).

This goal was picked mainly because it helped propel the Rangers past the Bruins who are currently chasing them for the top spot in the East. Gaborik just happened to be in the right place at the right time, and deposited the rebound. However, Tuuka Rask deserves credit for his effort, as he gloved away the first two shots that were put on net by Ryan Callahan and Brad Richards.

Follow after the jump for the previous winners.

Week 7: Brandon Dubinsky and Ryan Callahan connect for a shorthanded goal to put the Rangers ahead of the Pittsburgh Penguins.

Week 6: Ryan Callahan makes a great effort while shorthanded, and slips the puck between the legs of Jonas Enroth for the go-ahead goal.

Week 5: Marian Gaborik goes top shelf on Cam Ward after a very finesse passing sequence from Jeff Woywitka and Artem Anisimov.

Week 4: Carl Hagelin's first career NHL goal gives the New York Rangers a much needed two-goal cushion, against the Philadelphia Flyers.

Week 3: Dan Girardi scores off of a brilliant no-look, tape-to-tape pass from Brad Richards to give the Rangers a 2-1 lead over the Carolina Hurricanes.

Week 2: Brad Richards' pass to Marian Gaborik springs the sniper loose for the tying goal in an eventual loss to the New York Islanders.

Week 1: Brad Richards goes top shelf against the Anaheim Ducks to give the Rangers a late equalizer in the third period.