FanPost

Selanne to NYR?

I'm sure this will get some blood pumping this morning but my intention is not to stoke the trade fires, just to open it up for discussion.

It was reported in the Ottawa Sun on Sat that the NYR, along with Detroit, Boston and Sharks, have all inquired about Selanne's status with the Ducks. He has a NTC clause so it will be ultimately up to him if he wants to move to a playoff team. That being said, you could assume that if that was to happen the Ducks would look to accommodate him and thus the return for his services would not be astronomical. Combined with that and his pending UFA and possible retirement the cost should be reasonable.

Assuming the cost is pick(s) and/or mid-low end prospects, is he someone you would want on the team for the playoff push? Obviously he brings experience and professionalism along with dynamic play. If so, where would hit fit?

I know he is a RW but unsure if he can play off wing. If not, would Cally move over or would you keep him on the so called 3rd line? Could you make the comparison between Selanne and Loui Eriksonn and think that he would be a good fit next to Brad Richards?

Comments, criticisms, complaints?