New York Rangers Practice: Ryan McDonagh 'OK'; Michael Sauer Not

PITTSBURGH, PA - JANUARY 06: Ryan McDonagh #27 of the New York Rangers skates with the puck past Ben Lovejoy #6 of the Pittsburgh Penguins during the NHL game at Consol Energy Center on January 6, 2012 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The Rangers defeated the Penguins 3-1. (Photo by Christian Petersen/Getty Images)

Following the New York Rangers practice Monday morning, they were available to provide some updates on recent injuries. Probably the biggest concern was the status of Ryan McDonagh, following the devastating hit he received from Andrew Ference.

Ryan McDonagh stated that he is feeling fine, and expects to be in the line-up tomorrow night. He did say he felt a little dizzy and shaken up following the hit, but he recovered fairly quickly over the last day.He also stated that his neck is still sore from his head whiplashing as a result of the hit impact.

There was some disappointing news coming from the practice as well. We learned that Michael Sauer has been shutdown from his on and off-ice workouts because he was not feeling well after last week's workouts. It was first stated that Sauer was eyeing a return after the All-Star break, but this is pretty much out of the question now.

Follow after the jump for a short update on Steve Eminger.

Steve Eminger was also cleared for contact today after suffering a separated shoulder a couple weeks back. However, his timetable is still weeks away, as he will need to get back into game shape. As well as making sure his shoulder is completely healed up to take full body checks.