Rangers Vs. Jets: Keys To The Game

NEW YORK, NY - NOVEMBER 06: Derek Stepan #21 of the New York Rangers scores on the power play at 10:01 of the first period against the Winnipeg Jets at Madison Square Garden on November 6, 2011 in New York City. The Rangers defeated the Jets 3-0. (Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)

Remember, folks, comment in this thread who you think will score the first Rangers goal, or if the Rangers will be shutout. I am tallying the correct answers throughout the season and seeing who gets the most correct.

The New York Rangers finish their "first half" of the season tonight, as they take on the Winnipeg Jets. The Jets are have lost their last two, one of which in overtime, so they are looking to rebound against the Rangers. The Rangers recently beat the Bruins in OT, after falling to the Penguins.

Here are the keys for the Rangers to beat the Jets:

-Don't Look Ahead- Being that this is the last game before a break, the Rangers could have an off night. The way to avoid that is to make sure to play with the same intensity as the Rangers did vs. Boston.

-Score On The Powerplay- Again, the power play is huge. The Rangers game winning goal was of the power play sort in Boston, and if the Rangers can score one or two tonight it will be huge.

-Find Consistent Offense- Not necessarily a key to just this game, but the line changing of late and struggles of the top line players is going to hurt the Rangers soon. Hopefully it won't be tonight.