FanPost

Laughing stock?

Has Alex Ovechkin become the laughing stock of the NHL. He recently withdrew his spot in the NHL ASG because his "heart is in that game". Last year everyone said that Ovechkin had an off year which could be said about a few players. This yeah he isn't doing much better. Alex withdrew his spot just after being handed a 3 game suspension Mr.Shanny. Personally this seems to be his way of pouting and trying to get back at the NHL. This move also makes me wonder how the Capitols fan base feels about him as of late. They have a very streaky type of team with few consistent players.

I know this is a Rangers blog site but its just makes me laugh in disgust that a player chooses to opt out of a game cause his heart isn't in it. Kind of makes me think about a book I read about Crosby and Ovechkin. I can't remember the gentlemen's name or the book. But in the book he stated that Ovechkin does not play to his best when playing for the NHL. He plays at his best for his country and that's it. Now i understand wanting to be your all for your country but I Think players play Ovechkin just see the NHL as a pay day. That is not entirely their fault either, NHL has kind of done that to them self. Either way i see Ovechkin as a good laugh and a disgust to the NHL. I used respect him as a player and enjoy watching him when he didn't play the Rangers. Now there is no longer and fun in it.