FanPost

Prospect St. Croix named WHL Player of the Week again

4th round draft pick Michael St. Croix was named WHL player of the week for the 2nd time this season. Last week he had 2 hat tricks giving him 6 goals and 4 assists in 3 games for the week. St. Croix was also the WHL player of the week for the first week of December (the same week Christian Thomas was OHL player of the week), and was also the WHL player of the month for December. He is currently 3rd in the league in scoring with 31 goals and 46 assists in 48 games. Not bad for an 18 year old 4th round pick. Not sure why he hasn't received more attention as a Rangers prospect. His size probably works against him, and he probably should be ranked behind Kreider and Thomas, and maybe Miller (although Miller is certainly not lighting up the OHL the way St. Croix has been lighting up the WHL this year), but I am not sure any other forward prospects should be ranked ahead of him right now.

http://rangers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=613234

http://www.whl.ca/article/oil-kings-st-croix-chl-player-of-the-week