Carl Hagelin The Latest Addition To The All-Star Rookies Team

NEW YORK, NY - JANUARY 24: Carl Hagelin #62 of the New York Rangers takes a shot on goal during the game against the Winnipeg Jets during the first period on January 24, 2012 at Madison Square Garden in New York City. (Photo by Christopher Pasatieri/Getty Images)

Carl Hagelin of the New York Rangers is the latest addition to the 2012 NHL All-Star game. With the recent injuries to Adam Larsson and Adam Henrique, Carl Hagelin has been called in as a replacement for the All-Stars rookie team. I was actually surprised to see that Hagelin did not make the initial roster created by the National Hockey League.

This now marks four New York Rangers players that will be heading to Ottawa, along with head coach John Tortorella, not bad huh? It's also disappointing to see that the NHL is not bringing back the young stars game, which was also absent from last year's All-Star game as well.

I for one and really excited to see Carl Hagelin compete in the fastest skater competition, who seriously has a chance at beating him? He's just that ridiculously fast. Ever since his recall, 29 games ago, Hagelin has been an instant success, and has been flying. It is great to see him get a chance at this year's All-Star game, and we want to wish him the best of luck!