Open Thread: 2012 NHL All-Star Fantasy Draft

RALEIGH NC - JANUARY 30: Team Staal lines up on the ice before they play against Team Lidstrom in the 58th NHL All-Star Game at RBC Center on January 30 2011 in Raleigh North Carolina. (Photo by Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images)

Tonight marks the start to All-Star weekend which will take place at the Scotiabank Place in Ottawa. Tonight's festivities will consist of the fantasy draft which will decide this year's All-Star teams. On one team, we have Zdeno Chara as the captain of the Blue team, along with Joffrey Lupul as his assistant captain.

On the other side, we have Daniel Aldfredsson and Henrik Lundqvist running the Red team. There will 19 rounds of drafting the remaining 38 All-Stars. All 12 rookie skaters will be divided into groups of six, and once one of them is picked, that team gets the rest of the five. Sounds confusing I know, but it's much easier seeing it done in-person.

With that said, hope everyone enjoys the draft tonight, and what is your predictions for the last player picked?

Follow after the jump for the full fantasy draft rules.

A coin toss will decide first pick, with Alfredsson and Chara, joined by their assistant captains, alternately

drafting the 38 remaining All-Stars through 19 rounds. Each team will consist of three goaltenders, six

defensemen and 12 forwards. To ensure that the final draft picks are true selections and not simply

predetermined due to position requirements, each team's three goalies must be picked by the end of Round

10 and each team's six defensemen must be picked by the conclusion of Round 15.

The 12 Rookies participating in the 2012 Molson Canadian NHL All-Star Skills Competition will be divided by

the National Hockey League into two groups of six. At the completion of the 15th round of the 2012 Molson

Canadian NHL All-Star Player Fantasy Draft, one NHL Rookie will be selected to choose which All-Star team

his group will join for the skills competition.