Recapping The 2012 NHL All-Star Game Fantasy Draft

RALEIGH NC - JANUARY 30: The Canadian Tenors perform the Canadian National Anthem prior to the start of the 58th NHL All-Star Game at RBC Center on January 30 2011 in Raleigh North Carolina. (Photo by Harry How/Getty Images)

Things started off tonight with the traditional puck toss, that ended up leaning in Zdeno Chara's favor. Daniel Alfredsson passed the choice over to Chara being the great host he is. There were definitely some surprising picks this year, including the first overall pick Pavel Datsyuk.

In case any of you haven't seen it, I will save the anticipation. Follow below the jump for the entire rosters for both Team Chara (Blue) and Team Alfredsson (Red).

#1 - Pavel Datsyuk (DET) #1 - Erik Karlsson (OTT)
# 2 - Tim Thomas (BOS) #2 - Jason Spezza (OTT)
#3 - Evgeni Malkin (PIT) #3 - Jonathan Quick (LOS)
# 4 - Marian Hossa (CHI) # 4 - Claude Giroux (PHI)
# 5 - Kimmo Timonen (PHI) # 5 - Kris Letang (PIT)
# 6 - Corey Perry (ANA) # 6 - Steven Stamkos (TBL)
# 7 - Carey Price (MTL) # 7 - Brian Elliott (STL)
# 8 - Phil Kessel (TOR) # 8 - Shea Weber (NSH)
# 9 - Ryan Suter (NSH) # 9 - Daniel Sedin (VAN)
# 10 - Jimmy Howard (DET) # 10 - Dan Girardi (NYR)
# 11 - Brian Campbell (CHI) # 11 - Keith Yandle (PHX)
# 12 - Patrick Kane (CHI) # 12 - Milan Michalek (OTT)
# 13 - Dion Phaneuf (TOR) # 13 - Henrik Sedin (VAN)
# 14 - Jarome Iginla (CGY) # 14 - James Neal (PIT)
# 15 - Dennis Wideman (WSH) # 15 - Alexander Edler (VAN)
# 16 - Marian Gaborik (NYR) # 16 - John Tavares (NYI)
# 17 - Jordan Eberle (EDM) # 17 - Scott Hartnell (PHI)
# 18 - Tyler Seguin (BOS) # 18 - Jason Pominville (BUF)
# 19 - Jamie Benn (DAL) # 19 - Logan Couture (SJS)
--- Rookies --- --- Rookies ---
#1 - Gabriel Landeskog (COL) #1 - Sean Couturier (PHI)
#2- Colin Greening (OTT) #2 - Carl Hagelin (NYR)
#3 - Ryan Johansen (CLB) #3 - Nick Johnson (MIN)
#4 - Cody Hodgson (VAN) #4 - Matt Read (PHI)
#5 - Luke Adam (BUF) #5 - Craig Smith (NSH)
#6 - Raphael Diaz (MTL) #6 - Justin Faulk (CAR)

In This Article

Topics
Teams
Players