2012 NHL All-Star Game: Marian Gaborik Awarded MVP Of All-Star Game

OTTAWA, ON - JANUARY 29: Marian Gaborik #10 of the New York Rangers and Team Chara poses after being named MVP with NHL's Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly after the 2012 Tim Hortons NHL All-Star Game between Team Alfredsson and Team Chara at Scotiabank Place on January 29, 2012 in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. Team Chara defeated Team Alfredsson 12-9. (Photo by Christian Petersen/Getty Images)

During the entire weekend of festivities, Henrik Lundqvist and Marian Gaborik were in a heated battle over the All-Star game. Marian Gaborik was saying that he would score on Lundqvist, and Lundqvist said he was going to shut him down. Of course, it was all in good fun, and only added more to the already exciting game.

Marian Gaborik would eventually score a hat trick along with an assist for a four point night. Two of the goals would come against Henrik Lundqvist, who obviously wasn't too thrilled that Gaborik put not one, but two pucks past him. From that point on, along with many other Ranger fans, we were all pulling for Gaborik to get the MVP.

Sure enough, following the game, it was announced that Gaborik had indeed won MVP, along $25,000 to donate to a charity of his choice. It was great to see Gaborik bounce back from last season, and even show up some of the league's best in Ottawa. Hopefully these are early signs of a late season surge from Gaborik. Not that he hasn't already been amazing this season or anything.