Rangers Vs. Devils: Keys To The Game

NEWARK, NJ - DECEMBER 20: Artem Anisimov #42 of the New York Rangers is stopped by Martin Brodeur #30 of the New Jersey Devils in the first period at the Prudential Center on December 20, 2011 in Newark, New Jersey. (Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)

Tonight will be the New York Ranger's first game back from the All-Star break, and it is against non-other than the New Jersey Devils. The Devils are starting to gain momentum after a slow start to the season, and this game is huge for the Rangers. With that said, here are tonight's keys to the game.

Start Early: After having having an entire week of rest, the Rangers need to come out flying tonight. There should be no reason if they are to start out slow, they had a week to get their legs back under them. With the Rangers holding onto the top spot in the East by just two points, every game is crucial.

Score On The Power Play: With the extended break, hopefully the Rangers and their coaching staff thought of a different approach to the power play. They're current approach has been lack luster at best. If the Rangers are given chances with the man-advantage tonight, they absolutely need to find the back of the net.

Throw Everything At The Net: Another one of the Rangers problems was they weren't getting enough quality shots on net. In their final game against the Winnipeg Jets, they shot everything, and it eventually lead to the 3-0 victory over them. Tonight shouldn't be any different, in these divisional games, any shot can be a turning point.

Goaltenders: It looks like it will be Martin Biron against Martin Brodeur tonight. It should make for an interesting match-up.