New York Rangers Practice: Martin Biron Expected To Start Thursday Against Florida Panthers

According to Andrew Gross, Martin Biron was the first goalie off the ice for the New York Rangers today at practice, signifying that he will be starting Thursday night against the Florida Panthers.

Henrik Lundqvist, who was the major cog in the Rangers' 3-2 victory over the Philadelphia Flyers during the Winter Classic, will probably get the start against the Pittsburgh Penguins on Friday.

Lundqvist admitted earlier in the year that his body "felt really good" with all the rest he had been getting so far this year, and, let's be honest, Biron hasn't given John Tortorella a reason not to put him in games.

Biron is 7-2-1 in 10 starts this year, sporting a 2.08 GAA and a 92.3 SV%. Torotrella said one of the main reasons the Rangers went out and got Biron two years ago was because he would be able to give Lundqvist breaks during the season to keep him fresh for playoff runs. This season has been a textbook example of the blueprint the Rangers wanted to follow in that department.

Thoughts on this guys?