Sometimes Hockey Takes A Back Seat To Life: The Jack Jablonski Story

I'm not too sure if you guys are aware of this, since it's going on in Minnesota, but Jack Jablonski, a high school hockey player, was paralyzed during a game.

It's an incredibly sad story, one which truly makes you realize how lucky you are to live your life and do it the way you want to live it. Now Jack is fighting for a shot to do just that.

The outpouring of support Jack is receiving is amazing. Not just from friends and family, but total strangers. Not just from Minnesota Wild players, but players from all over the NHL. Not just NHL players, but players from all different sports. Seeing the messages and notes these people have written to Jack make you feel good about humanity.

SB Nation's fantastic Wild blog, Hockey Wilderness, has compiled a list of those messages and notes on their website. I urge you to check it out.

I will also figure out information for donations to make to Jack if you feel so inclined. But for now, take a few minutes to see just how close-knit the hockey community (and the sports community) really is as they rally around this brave young man.