New York Rangers Noon Number: 65

NEWARK, NJ - SEPTEMBER 23: J.T. Miller #47 of the New York Rangers skates against the New Jersey Devils during a rookie game at the Prudential Center on September 23, 2011 in Newark, New Jersey. (Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)

This is a New York Rangers prospects noon number, but it's important nonetheless.

Michael St. Croix, the Rangers' fourth round pick in this summer's NHL Entry Draft, already has amassed 65 points in 40 games for his Edmonton Oil Kings of the WHL. To put that number into perspective, St. Croix scored 75 points last year, in 68 games.

So far this year, St. Croix has 25 goals and 40 assists. He's on pace for a career year, and is the leading scorer for all Rangers prospects at this point in the season. The Rangers didn't expect St. Croix to fall into their lap in the fourth round, and he has an opportunity to be a huge steal.

We still have a ways to go before we can make that assessment, however, but it's good to see his game grow in the right direction; especially after his relatively invisible showing in this year's Traverse City Tournament.

Thoughts?

(There were no photos of St. Croix, so enjoy this one of J.T. Miller.)