FanPost

The Price is Right!

What's up, BSB?

Happy New Year to all. As I wait for the Giants game, I had a little time to create my first fan post.

Gotta say; this has been a fantastic season thus far and anticipated or not, advisable or not, the way things are going has most Rangers fans are looking toward a Stanley Cup run.

You know what that means? Time to play the Nash/Perry/Ryan/Getzlaf/other elite forward version of The Price is Right!!

What will it cost our fearless leaders in the front office to land one of these elite power forwards that would ease the "inevitable" scoring woes that have all our stat guys grimacing in anticipation?

Obviously, this is an extremely divisive topic about which I have not committed to one side or the other. On the one hand, we send our best prospects packing, seriously diminishing our system to inject a big, physical goal hound into our top six that will be there for years to come.

But what happens if a player such as Kreider, who will undoubtedly be included in the package, ends up being a Perryesque NHLer? The other prospects, solid NHLers such as Dubi, and picks that we send along with him would make the deal a net loss for us.

On the other hand, we keep our current roster, relying on players such as Wolski and MZA to inject our roster with scoring when we start to slump. Would that be enough to contend with the waves of scoring depth the Bruins have? All things being equal, I have serious doubts about that.

But what if our team continues to improve offensively? What if Stepan and Anisimov find their scoring touch and each score 20-25 goals to compliment gaby's 50-60? What if Dubi's gloves wake up and he turns the Richards/Cally line into a much upgraded "pack line," handling the tough defensive assignments and secondary scoring needed to win a cup? Not to mention the increased offensive output we've gotten from our blue line.

There are a lot of things to consider here, but I find it really fun to discuss hypothetical trades. Have at it, people!