Blueshirt Banter's New York Rangers Highlight Of The Week

Sorry we haven't done this in the last two weeks or so, but we're back at it! This weeks highlight comes out of the New York Rangers vs Pittsburgh Penguins game. Brandon Dubinsky's shorthanded goal gets the nod this week for many different reasons. (Click into the full story to view the full video)

This goal was probably one of the nicer ones this season, as Brandon Dubinsky and Ryan Callahan connected for a shorthanded goal. Right off the bat, I can tell you that it looks like the exact same goal that was scored last season, in the Rangers overtime win against the Penguins. However, it was Dubinsky setting up Callahan in that case.

The patience by Ryan Callahan was simply spectacular, as he waited out the defenseman, and slid it over to Brandon Dubinsky, who had a wide open net. This goal also gave the Rangers a crucial 2-1 lead in a very tight game.

Follow after the jump for the previous winners.

Week 6: Ryan Callahan makes a great effort while shorthanded, and slips the puck between the legs of Jonas Enroth for the go-ahead goal.

Week 5: Marian Gaborik goes top shelf on Cam Ward after a very finesse passing sequence from Jeff Woywitka and Artem Anisimov.

Week 4: Carl Hagelin's first career NHL goal gives the New York Rangers a much needed two-goal cushion, against the Philadelphia Flyers.

Week 3: Dan Girardi scores off of a brilliant no-look, tape-to-tape pass from Brad Richards to give the Rangers a 2-1 lead over the Carolina Hurricanes.

Week 2: Brad Richards' pass to Marian Gaborik springs the sniper loose for the tying goal in an eventual loss to the New York Islanders.

Week 1: Brad Richards goes top shelf against the Anaheim Ducks to give the Rangers a late equalizer in the third period.