Sound Tigers vs Whale: Connecticut Whale Look For Strong Start In Season Opener

Photo by Chris Rutsch / CT Whale

The Connecticut Whale and Bridgeport Sound Tigers will go head-to-head tonight as the 2012-2013 AHL season kicks off.

The Connecticut Whale and Bridgeport Sound Tigers will open their 2012-2013 campaign tonight, as Bridgeport visits the XL Center for tonight's contest. The Connecticut Whale looked shaky to start the preseason, but soon found their groove and are well prepared for tonight's home opener.

The Whale will be heading into tonight's game with four strong forward lines, which feature the likes of Chris Kreider, J.T. Miller, Kyle Jean, and many more. However, the Whale have also been struck with the injury bug which leaves a few key players sidelined for tonight.

Marek Hrivik, Ryan Bourque, Dylan McIlrath, and Cam Talbot will all be scratched tonight for the Whale, as they nurse their respective injuries. Tonight's lines are as follows:

Chris Kreider -- Kris Newbury -- Chad Kolarik

J.T. Miller -- Kyle Jean -- Andrew Yogan

Tommy Grant -- Micheal Haley -- Christian Thomas

Brandon Segal -- Kelsey Tessier -- Shayne Wiebe

The top line of Kreider, Newbury, and Kolarik has been deadly over the last two games for the Whale, and looks to continue that dominance tonight. Meanwhile, the second line of Miller, Jean and Yogan look to make the best of the start to their professional careers. They had quite the start to the preseason, and were often the Whale's best line on the ice, getting on the forecheck, and making the best of their offensive zone time.

Blueshirts United will carry a live stream of tonight's game, which can be found below, or at this link.

Enjoy the game everyone! At least we're able to enjoy some sort of hockey, right? Go Whale!